What will I be doing?
You will administer and lead our core service desk and software development tool set, including JIRA Service Desk, Tempo, Insight and integration tools. You will be responsible for setting up custom features: projects, reports, use cases, workflows, dashboards and the overall presentation layer of the Atlassian tools.
You will be part of our Application Support team, working closely with our Functional and Product Management teams. You will help to define solutions to drive the growth of our managed service delivery functions and support the execution of our increasingly agile software development lifecycle.
The role includes a focus on detailed configuration for the tool, including plug-ins available as well as design and development, testing, and deployment. The responsibilities will also include developing documentation and user guides along with the ability to provide training and recommendations to other teams.
- Support Atlassian administration, including creation and management of custom, complex projects, workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards and configuration of reports
- Lead minor and major Atlassian / JIRA and associated plug-in upgrades (including communications), schedule and coordinate maintenance, and lead performance tuning/scaling in conjunction with our Atlassian hosting partner
- Install, manage and administer Atlassian / JIRA Tools add-ons, plugins, and extensions
- Monitor systems to ensure that tools are stable and available and that user issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Meet with stakeholders to identify and implement Atlassian requirements
- Perform requirement gathering, business processes workflows, and improvement for Atlassian workflows, identifying where functionality can/cannot meet user requests
- Conduct training for employees and new hires on Atlassian
- Develop and compile training materials based on the department’s needs
- Create, maintain and support dashboards and advanced filters for end users’ reporting capabilities
- Establish and execute data stewardship and best practices
- Provide user management and grant user permissions in accordance with role given by the company
- Resolve issues as they arise with Atlassian in coordination with Atlassian hosting partner team
- Discover and lead tool process improvements working with teams to support business functions
Where will I be working?
The role is primarily working from home.
What do I need to apply?
- A minimum 2:2 Degree
- A minimum of 3+ years of strong experience using Atlassian
- Proven track record of administering Atlassian
- Atlassian certification(s) highly desirable, but not essential
- Working in an agile (scrum) software development environment is desirable, but not essential
- Familiarity with SIL scripting and insight asset management would be a real bonus
- Experience of Microsoft SQL server and Linux running on Azure
You will also have:
- Experience with defining and creating usable and customer friendly, intuitive interfaces with the Atlassian suite in a fast-paced evolving environment
- Ability to articulate the design and implementation details in a way that is clearly understandable across a wide range of personnel with differing backgrounds and levels
- Good understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Expert level tool administration knowledge on JIRA Service Desk, and proficiency in Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with hosted environments and remotely co-located systems
- Strong proficiency in the creation of Projects, Components, Reporting, Report Filters, Workflow, Schemes and Dashboard creation in JIRA
Is this the role for me?
Are you an individual looking to continually learn and develop, with a desire to progress? If you can answer “Yes” to the following criteria, then this role could be for you.
Do you have:
- Excellent problem solving and process implementation skills?
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting?
- Demonstrated ability to knowledge transfer and train Atlassian tools?
- A passion for process and tool improvements?
- Good problem solving and analytical skills?
- Good communications and inter-personal skills?
- The ability to lead changes to process and tools?